Skip to content


(On and Off Exchange)

Check HMO providers | Rx

(On and Off Exchange)

(Must have compatible plan)

(Must have compatible plan)

for Marketplace plans

through UnitedHealth One

through BCBSTX

through GeoBlue

In this section, you’ll find information about your special enrollment and continuation rights, government programs you or your children may qualify for, and more.

To assist you as you evaluate options for you and your family, this notice provides some basic information about the health insurance Marketplace ( and employment-based health coverage offered by your employer. Because you have health coverage available to you through your employer, you and your family members may not qualify for a premium tax credit for an individual health plan. If you ever lose your employer-based coverage, you may qualify for a 60-day special enrollment period in the individual market.

A federal law called Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires that we notify you about very important provisions in the plan. You have the right to enroll in the plan under its “special enrollment provision” without being considered a late enrollee if you acquire a new dependent or if you decline coverage under this plan for yourself or an eligible dependent while other coverage is in effect and later lose that other coverage for certain qualifying reasons.

If you have a non-grandfathered health plan (the plan or plans offered through your employer are non-grandfathered), federal laws require we notify you of additional provisions of your plan. This notice provides information about your rights on plans that require the designation of a primary care provider (PCP). Generally, this only applies to HMO plans.

This notice contains important information about your right to COBRA continuation coverage, which is a temporary extension of coverage under the Plan. This notice generally explains COBRA continuation coverage, when it may become available to you and your family, and what you need to do to protect the right to receive it.

If you are eligible for health coverage from your employer, but are unable to afford the premiums, some States have premium assistance programs that can help pay for coverage. If you or your dependents are NOT currently enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, and you think you or any of your dependents might be eligible for either of these programs, you can contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office or dial 1-877-KIDS NOW or to find out how to apply.

Back To Top